Before your appointment
To minimize bruising, consider avoiding the following foods and supplements one week prior to your appointment.
- Caffeine (minimum 24 hours prior)
- Anti-inflammatory medication (Advil, Motrin, Aleve)
- ASA medication (Aspirin, Excedrin, if medically cleared to do so)
- Green tea, ginger, sunflower seeds, salmon, raw fish, and all foods high in omega 3
- Fish oils, garlic supplements, ginkgo biloba, flax seed, vitamin E, omega 3, and fatty acids
Read these pre-treatment instructions if you intend to receive injections.
- Eat a moderate meal before your appointment to avoid feeling faint
- Arrive without makeup
- Schedule your appointment at least 2-4 weeks before any big events (such as a wedding or vacation) to allow time for healing. Optimal results manifest themselves one month after the treatment
- Reschedule your appointment if you have any wounds, rashes, or a cold sore in the area to be treated.
- We ask that you give us 24 hours notice for cancellations. You may be subject to a “no-show” fee of $100 if you fail to notify us. We have set aside this time slot for you specifically
Our journal covers everything from treatments to products to some of our favourite advice. See for yourself.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding causes a ton of changes in the skin due to hormone fluctuations. And often, it can be hard to manage concerns because we …Read More